The construction or major remodeling of buildings take time, work, and resources. While much care and thought and planning goes into their creation; mishaps, catastrophes, and natural disasters can demolish hundreds of thousands of dollars of hard work. That’s why having ample insurance protection is an absolute must when it comes to builders risk – and you should have the policy that helps protect you effectively.
Builders risk insurance is a form of commercial property insurance – and if you have any financial interest in a construction site, this protection is for you. Builder’s risk insurance is also known as Course of Construction insurance, and it covers a building that is being constructed or heavily remodeled, which is a valuable asset for you. Builders risk can simply cover the structure, or it can include the materials waiting to be utilized. If the building is not finished by the end of the initial policy term, you can often extend it one time if needed.
Coverage That Builders Risk Insurance Can Offer Your Business
Risk is a part of life, but that doesn’t mean that you have to be caught off guard by an issue that comes up unexpectedly. Builders risk insurance is an invaluable tool, and you don’t have to settle for less than the best protection for your situation. Knowing what a good policy can provide is important:
- Fire damage is something we all want to avoid, but being prepared for that situation is vital. Fire damage can wreck significant destruction on your building site. Fire can lick up resources and unfinished work in the blink of an eye, so don’t allow your building site to suffer because of a fire situation.
- Another danger comes from explosion damage. Explosion coverage is also an important part of protecting the building site from catastrophic destruction. Explosion damage can be devastating, so having coverage that can help you take care of such a situation can be a game-changer.
- Theft and vandalism can also cause significant issues for your building site. While hopefully you don’t experience situations involving theft of supplies or vandalism, you need to have the right insurance coverage at the ready so you can handle those situations and move forward. Imagine: making significant progress and then suffering a vandalism case. Instead of waiting for such a situation to happen, make sure that you have ample coverage for both vandalism and theft from the get-go.
- Coverage for lightning, hail, wind damage (wind coverage may be limited in coastal areas depending on the area) can be a lifesaver for your building site. The weather and nature can wreak incredible levels of damage on your building site, so don’t have anything less than the best insurance policy for your situation.
- Vehicles and aircraft can also cause costly damage to your building site. While you may not think it would happen to you, vehicles and aircraft can cause serious harm to your site – so having ample insurance protection to cover such scenarios is an indispensable aspect of guarding against builders risk. If a vehicle would crash into a building site, it could set you back significantly if you don’t have sufficient Texas coverage in place.
The unexpected has a habit of rearing its head at the worst possible times. However, that does not have to stop you from safeguarding yourself against those eventualities. Having ample builders risk insurance can help you tremendously – after all, you deserve to have some peace of mind when you have such a significant project in progress.
Finding the Best Builders Coverage For Your Needs
Navigating the ins and outs of appropriate coverage can be overwhelming if you feel like you are alone, but the good news is, you don’t have to choose your coverage on your own. Talk with your Texas insurance agent about all your builders risk coverage needs. While you cannot prevent accidents, theft, or other issues from happening, you can be sure that you are prepared for those types of situations, and a good agent can help you find the policy you deserve.
Here at Patterson Insurance, we believe that you should have the best coverage for your needs. Call our Carthage team at (903) 693-3831 or our Seven Points team at (903) 432-2436 today; contact us so that we can help you find the protection you need to protect yourself from builders risk.