If you’re looking for a good place to spend St. Patrick’s Day dinner in Austin, you have come to the right place. Exploring an Austin restaurant you haven’t been to before is a great way to celebrate – and there’s nothing more bonding than sharing a meal with your friends and family. Whether you’re into the traditional corned beef, want a fresh spin on classic comfort food, or are craving a completely unique fusion dish, there’s something for everyone here in Austin.
There are so many amazing options in Austin that it can be overwhelming when you’re faced with the task of picking one, so we’ve compiled a list of five top picks so that you can spend more time enjoying the evening with those you love and less time fretting about the destination.
Top Five Mouthwatering Restaurants In Austin, Texas
- What better way to celebrate St. Paddy’s Day than with some corned beef? If you are in the mood for some real, hearty corned beef, B.D. Riley’s is a place you need to check out. There’s one in downtown Austin and one on Aldrich St, and you cannot go wrong with either. Their house-cured corned beef is not something to miss, but if corned beef is not your thing, you can indulge in delicious beer-battered cod or bangers (scrumptious seasoned sausages) and mashed potatoes. B.D. Riley’s food is mouthwatering, and they have nightly music sessions so you get a unique experience with your delicious meal.
- If you are looking for something contemporary yet sophisticated, Odd Duck is a place you should visit. From fried quail to grilled antelope, your adventurous side will be satisfied by the delicious options (and don’t worry; there’s plenty to appeal to your more tame side as well). Odd Duck even has a selection of kid-friendly dishes to make the kids in your life happy, so no need to leave the kids with a babysitter. Make sure that you make reservations – you don’t want to find yourself waiting for a table.
- If you’re looking for a unique location, Austin’s Launderette is a chic, stylish restaurant located inside a converted Laundromat. Launderette has dishes like juicy hanger steak, delicious pei mussels, and amazing pork ribs on the menu, to only name a few of their tasty offerings, and you are sure to find a new favorite meal. Their desserts are wonderful, too – try their flourless chocolate cake or their sunflower seed tart if your sweet tooth is craving something extra satisfying.
- Anthem is a delicious Tex-Asian restaurant in Austin. Hey, who ever said that you can’t celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with Asian food? No one ever, as far as we’re concerned. You can get dishes ranging from charred edamame to crawfish hush puppies – and all with mouthwatering flavors that will have you coming back for more. The variety means even those who aren’t typically adventurous when it comes to food will enjoy the offerings.
- Chef owned and operated, Foreign & Domestic is a “farm-to-table” restaurant that is sure to make you feel that the luck of the Irish is with you. Foreign & Domestic partners with farms to ensure that your food is fresh and authentic, offering a delicious experience that makes you feel good about the food you are eating. Their menu changes seasonally (and with chef inspiration), but they have a wonderful selection of vegetable dishes as well as hearty, juicy meats that you and your friends and family will thoroughly enjoy.
So there you have it: five wonderful options for St. Patrick’s Day dinner. Remember, spending time with those you love is far more important than where you go together – but going somewhere fun always adds to the celebration and it fosters warm, happy memories. You don’t have to settle for the mundane when Austin offers so much pizzazz and rich, unique flavors. Whether you go for the traditional corned beef or spice things up with Tex-Asian fare, Austin doesn’t disappoint when it comes to culinary delight.
Here at Patterson Insurance, we believe that there’s no time like the present when it comes to spending quality time with the people who mean the most in your life – and good food has a way of knitting us together. Have a wonderful St. Patrick’s Day with your friends and family!