What makes a Texas restaurant a great restaurant? A great restaurant not only has great food – it offers a unique experience and fosters warm memories. When you opened your business, your goal was to create something special – and that is exactly what you did. Your restaurant is something you take both pride and joy in, and you know better than anyone the blood, sweat, and tears it takes to maintain it.
What do you do when a major issue comes up? It is important that you take steps to protect your eatery so that you won’t be caught off guard – and you need the right Texas restaurant insurance policy to help your business flourish. There is every reason to make sure that you are not blindsided by an unforeseen issue, and should something happen involving your restaurant, you will be glad you were prepared to handle it.
What to Look For When Insuring Your Texas Restaurant
- The right general liability insurance is a key part of safeguarding your restaurant. If a visitor were to get injured at your place of business, you want to have the right protection to take care of such issues. General liability insurance also covers you if a visitor’s property is damaged while they are at your establishment.
- Having the right commercial property insurance coverage for your restaurant is crucial. If your building is hit by lightning or a fire gets out of control or if a storm wreaks havoc on your restaurant, you need the right coverage to repair or replace the damaged equipment. This coverage also takes care of your property should someone break in and steal from your business.
- Even if you only have a handful of employees, you need good workers’ compensation coverage. This pays for medical expenses and lost wages if one of your employees were to get injured on the clock. This coverage can also protect you should someone decide to sue because of an injury. The fact is, injury can occur in any business, and being prepared to deal with the situation can save you a lot of trouble down the road.
- Another important part of protecting your business is making sure you have the right commercial auto coverage. Whether you have a company vehicle that plays an integral part in your restaurant or you simply have employees running to the store to pick something up in their own vehicle, you need to have the proper insurance protection should an accident occur.
You may want to add on to your coverage in certain areas as well:
- Your restaurant may need equipment breakdown coverage to cover your industrial refrigerators, for example. Utility services and spoilage coverage can be a lifesaver, too; it covers any food or drink lost due to a power outage. You never want to find yourself replacing spoiled food out of pocket – the costs can easily reach thousands of dollars in such a situation.
- Another very important facet is employee practices liability insurance, which covers you and your employees in the event that someone is accused of discrimination, harassment, or wrongful termination. Coverage for employee dishonesty is important, as well. While no one wants to think that their employees might steal from them, it does happen, and having protection from an employee’s misdeeds can offer you the peace of mind you deserve.
Your restaurant is more than just a business, more than just a way you make a profit; it is something you have poured your heart and soul into and it means a lot to you personally. So how do you find the right coverage for your restaurant? Talking with an insurance agent who knows the needs that you have can help tremendously. When it comes to giving your beloved restaurant the insurance protection that best fits it, there are many benefits to working with a Patterson Insurance agent who understands your coverage needs. You don’t have to figure out the right coverage fit for your restaurant alone!
The Right Insurance Coverage For Your Texas Restaurant
We know that you have worked hard to build your business – and we know how important it is to have the right insurance coverage to safeguard it. You can call our Carthage team at (903) 693-3831 or our Seven Points team at (903) 432-2436; contact us today so that we can work together to find the insurance coverage your restaurant needs to thrive now and in the future!