You love your job in construction, as you should! You get to bring new structures into the world with your own hands. Construction is a noble profession – and it is one that helps the world function well. Of course, as with any business, there will always be things that can go wrong. The good news is, you don’t have to be caught off-guard by the curveballs that come your business’ way! With the right Texas builders risk insurance policy, you can be ready to deal with whatever the future brings.
What to Keep In Mind When Looking For a Texas Builders Risk Insurance Policy
- Property damage is a costly thing, so having the right coverage to deal with damaged equipment, machinery, cribbing, fencing, landscaping, and more is absolutely vital to your business’ well-being. You don’t want to find yourself in a situation where you have to deal with property damage out of pocket, so having ample coverage in this area is a must.
- The right coverage for income and expenses is important. While issues can come up when you least expect it, you can be prepared to handle it by having the right coverage to replace labor costs and earned profits in a covered claim. Lost income and other expenses can add up fast, so make sure you have the policy that can help cover those issues for you.
- You need good coverage for storms, havoc wreaked by nature, and man-made disasters. Issues caused by fires, lightning, hail, and hurricanes are covered, as are issues such as a broken water main. Since there are many natural and man-made catastrophes that can damage your job site severely, you want to ensure that you have the protection you need so that you can handle the problem and move on.
- Not every Texas builders risk insurance policy covers theft, but you should talk with your independent insurance agent to see if this can be added on to your policy. Theft can result in thousands of dollars worth of loss, so it is definitely worth looking into. It may end up saving you a major headache in the future.
- Never underestimate the importance of having good insurance coverage for issues arising from bad workmanship, flawed materials, and bad design. Countless problems can arise from bad workmanship, as it can from flawed materials or bad design. Talk to your insurance agent to see if you need this in your policy. Knowing what coverage you may need is important, and can save you from buyers remorse in the future.
- Remember, discussing your individual business situation with your insurance agent is very important. No two Texas construction businesses are exactly the same, and it is crucial that you get the coverage that fits your business’ unique needs. For example, if you need residential contractors’ insurance, that is something to bring up with your agent for further discussion. You deserve to be able to enjoy your job, and knowing that you are well-insured can help give you some peace of mind.
You don’t want an obstacle to permanently shut you down, nor do you want costs to financially deplete your business. With the right coverage to protect you from the mishaps and catastrophes that inevitably arise once in a while, you can be prepared to deal with whatever scenario comes up.
Protection Your Construction Business Needs
The world needs people like you, people who build and expand. You have worked hard to build your business, and there is every reason to protect what you have built. Don’t settle for less than the right coverage for your situation when you can have the right fit for your construction business.
While we all know how unpredictable life can be, having the right protection can help your business continue to thrive after a mishap or disaster. Here at Patterson Insurance, we would love to help you safeguard your business the way it deserves. Call our Carthage team at (903) 693-3831 or our Seven Points team at (903) 432-2436; contact us so that we can discuss what the right Texas builders insurance coverage looks like for you and your business today. When it comes to protecting your company’s future, this could be one of the most important steps you take!