Christmas is next week! Can you believe it? Time flies when you are busy trying to get stuff done for the holidays, and in the midst of the hustle and bustle, it can be easy to lose focus on what really matters. After all, the season wasn’t made for frantically searching for the right gifts or for stressing out about getting from a day’s shopping to a Christmas party – it was made for reflecting on the important things in life, like love, generosity, and family. Sometimes we all need to be reminded of that, and what better way to remind ourselves than to intentionally savor each day of the season?
Since we had such a late Thanksgiving, we haven’t had as much time to savor the holiday festivities – however, that doesn’t mean that we don’t have enough time to enjoy the days before Christmas. Here are some ideas to keep your countdown days merry and bright in Waco, Texas – you might even make these annual traditions.
Five Ideas to Help You Enjoy Every Day of this Holiday Season
- Go Christmas caroling at a nursing home. This is wonderful for a couple of reasons – you’re not only spreading cheer to those who aren’t able to go out on their own to enjoy it, you also get to enjoy the happiness that comes from being kind to others. It’s heartwarming and in the spirit of Christmas – and you’ll make the senior citizens’ day.
- This one is fun to do with kids. Load up the car and drive through the neighborhood and admire Christmas light displays together. So many neighborhoods pull out all the stops here in Waco, and it would be a shame to not explore the beautiful lights, especially since some of them might be in our own neighborhoods.
- Go out for hot chocolate. Let’s face it: it’s pretty hard to beat homemade hot chocolate. That’s just a fact. However, with the busyness of the season, you sometimes can’t swing a get-together at your home with everyone. If you are running last-minute holiday errands and a friend can meet you for half an hour, take the opportunity and grab a hot chocolate or coffee with them. It may not seem like a lot of time, but every moment you spend lays a foundation for your relationships with family and friends – and it all adds up. Not to mention, Waco has some great coffee shops, such as Pinewood Coffee Bar and Common Grounds.
- Enjoy holiday treats with your loved ones. Whether you have a baking day and whip up the cookies, bars, or other delectables yourself or purchase a selection from Texas’ best, sharing yummy treats with your friends and family is a great way to enjoy the holiday season. You could do a cookie exchange or just a fun get-together where you all pick your favorites.
- Make a special Christmas tree ornament. This is a fun tradition to start – gather your friends and family together and make ornaments for your trees. It doesn’t have to be anything fancy, just a cute ornament you can hang on your tree every year and remember the fun time you had making it with those who matter most to you.
Embracing This Holiday Season to the Fullest
Well, there you have it. There’s no excuse not to make every day a fun, festive event now – and making unique and special traditions that fit your style is a rewarding experience. When you look back years from now, you’ll remember the little things that made the season brighter and the joy that spending quality time with your loved ones brought you.
At Patterson Insurance, we believe that the Christmas season is for bonding with your family and enjoying the little things in Waco, and we encourage you to enjoy every day of the most wonderful time of the year. After all, when all is said and done, it doesn’t matter how wonderful the decorations or how perfect the presents are – what matters is who you spend your time with and that you are focused on the here and now.