While social distancing has us re-arranging Easter plans this year, crafting is something that can take our minds off of current events. Making fun Easter crafts with your kids is something that can not only lift your household’s spirits but also provide your kids with exciting activities to celebrate the Easter season. After all, it is important that we make the most of this Easter, and there are plenty of fun crafts that you can do with your kids at home in Waco, Texas that will spark their imaginations and provide hours of quality time together.
Five Crafts to Celebrate the Easter Season This Year
- Easter wouldn’t feel the same without colorful eggs, would it? Always a classic, you can’t go wrong with dyeing eggs with your kids. But why should you simply dye them when you can jazz them up? You can use white crayons to draw designs or words on your boiled eggs before dipping them in the dye. Voila! The designs done in white crayon will show beautifully against the colorful dyes. You can also take it up a notch and use washi tape once the eggs are dry to add an extra-special pop of cheerful color.
- Make tissue paper flowers! This is not only a fun and easy way to brighten up your home, it can also keep your kids occupied for hours. You can find tons of beautiful patterns online, or you can create your own style as you layer tissue paper to make bright and exuberant flowers. Green pipe cleaners make great stems, but you can also use the flowers to make a festive wreath. Bonus: these flowers will not wilt, shrivel up, or die, no matter how long you leave them up. It’s a win-win!
- Make fingerprint Easter animals. You just need paper, a pen, and washable ink pads (you can also use washable markers). To make a chick or a bunny, either press a thumb into an ink pad of your desired color, or color your thumb with the washable marker of your choice. Press the inked finger on the paper, give it a few seconds to dry, and then draw on a chick’s beak or bunny ears. The possibilities are endless! And your kids don’t have to stop with Easter animals. How about a red fingerprint for a cardinal? There are no limits when it comes to your kids’ imaginations, so now is the time to encourage their blossoming creativity.
- Make a table runner. This is especially fun for younger kids. There are many different ways that you can make a table runner for your kids to color, but one of the simplest is to take wrapping paper and and lay it white-side up on your desired table, then tape it in place. Using crayons or washable markers, your kids can color away to their hearts’ content – and when they’re finished, you’ll have a colorful table runner for an Easter meal. Another way is to tape Easter coloring pages together until they’re the length of your table, then tape them down in the same way. Regardless of the method or style you use, it’s a fun activity for your kids to do, and they will be proud of the results.
- Make Easter cards for friends and extended family! With social distancing keeping us physically apart, what better time than now for your kids to send grandparents and friends Easter cards to encourage and lift them up? There’s nothing like getting a letter or card from a loved one, and sending Easter cards is a way to connect even when we can’t be face-to-face. Whether your kids create a card from scratch, color a printable card, or write in a card you have on hand, they will spread cheer. Don’t be surprised if those cards are treasured forever by their recipients.
Making the Most of This Easter Season In Waco, Texas
Here at Patterson Insurance, we believe that making good memories with our kids is one of the most important things we can do in times like these. Make the most of this Easter and enjoy it with your Waco household – there’s no time like the present, and it’s always time to show your kids how much you love and appreciate them.